My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

52 little things i'm grateful for right now

this was the title of ali edwards' blog post that landed in my inbox this morning, and ali asked us when was the last time we made a similar list.  no time like the present eh ali?

ali's list was 39 long because she's 39.  ergo my list will be 52 long...


1. i'm thankful for 40th birthdays parties.  plural.  YUSSS

2. i'm thankful for handmade cards

3. i'm thankful for my food bag.  you have changed.my.life.  seriously.

4. i'm thankful for the opportunities that are available to my children that will inevitably take them to places far away

5. i'm thankful for the wings Clive and I are giving them

6. i'm thankful for first world medicine

7. i'm thankful for the opportunity to be involved in last weekend's ANZAC commemorations

8. i'm thankful for memory keeping

9. i'm thankful for my morning coffee

10. i'm thankful for my morning newspaper

11. i'm thankful for my friends

12. i'm thankful for honesty

13. i'm thankful for carpooling

14. i'm thankful for the radio NZ app that allows me to listen anywhere anytime.  GOD i love apps!  there REALLY is an app for everything!

15. i'm thankful for I HEART RADIO.  where have you been all my life and why have i not discovered the joys of you before? 

16. i'm thankful for WASGIJs and a large dining room table on which to do them

17. i'm thankful for lego and the fisher price dolls house.  i've kept ours and are saving them for the day when my grandchildren come to visit.  they got played with yesterday by a friend's children.  the kids didn't want to leave my house and can't wait to come back.  PS: i just googled 'fisher price dolls house' and the one that's the same as mine is now VINTAGE.  Ha!!!

18. i'm thankful for good lighting

19. i'm thankful for our clean burning pellet fire

20. i'm thankful for mr sid who likes to keep me company in my scrap room-cum-office

21. i'm thankful for lunch with my eldest

22. i'm thankful for airpoints so my 2nd eldest can fly home to graduate

23. i'm thankful for zumba

24. i'm thankful for project life secret swaps

25. i'm thankful for boxing

26. i'm thankful for bacon

27. i'm thankful for grabaseat which allows me to book cheap flights for my parents to come stay mothers' day weekend

28. i'm thankful for book recommendations.  i'm currently reading 'the girl on the train'.  thanks for that TOO ali!

29. i'm thankful for the ASB Arena roof which means we never get cold or wet watching saturday netball

30. i'm thankful for a month's free trial of netflix

31. i'm thankful for movies

32. i'm thankful for ANZAC biscuits

33. i'm thankful for good company

34. i'm thankful for knowing and owning my strengths

35. i'm thankful for ed sheeran's love of new zealand.  he's coming back in december and i'm taking my girls

36. i'm thankful for covered carparks at the supermarket on a rainy day

37. i'm thankful for ed sheeran pre-sale tickets

38. i'm thankful for pinot gris

39. i'm thankful for good television ("how to get away with murder").  no spoilers please my american friends! ;)

40. i'm thankful for the times when other people wear the "organiser's" hat

41. i'm thankful for our waterfront, especially on a still night

42. i'm thankful for gifted comedians

43. i'm thankful for sports coaches who maintain an interest in your child beyond the end of the season

44. i'm thankful for daughters who communicate their successes

45. i'm thankful for my sewing machine.  it's old and still works, and there's a lot to be said for that.  this applies to many things!

46. i'm thankful for the mojo monday sketch blog, who provide me with some great card making inspiration

47. i'm thankful for clothes swaps and friends who wear the same size and colour as me, and look FAB in those clothes

48. i'm thankful for online shopping

49. i'm thankful for bloggers

50. i'm thankful for the opportunity to attend TWO graduation ceremonies next month

51. i'm thankful for the perseverance of my 3rd born child

52. i'm thankful for my husband




do you feel like making your own list?

go on then...:)


No comments: